Thursday, July 22, 2010

Noelle's sayings and soon to come little sister

Just to think we used to worry that Noelle is going to be a late talker.  She's now talking non-stop and is learning new words/things everyday!  Sometimes she'll say something that neither of us have taught her or say to her.  Like she'll say "Cool!!!" when she sees something neat, and that totally threw me off the window, lol.  I was all like, "Where did you learn that from?!" :-P

It's super sweet when Noelle wakes up in the morning and tells me, "birdies singing!" when she hears the birds chirping outside.  :-)  Or just seeing her big smiles when I open up my eyes in the morning.  Yes, most of the time Miss Noelle wakes up before us (around 6:30).  But she doesn't come bug us like she used to do.  She'll either lay on her bed or just sitting on the top of our bed (without poking us). 

Last week was our church's VBS and even tho Noelle is still a year too young to be attending it, she went to all the singing times and hung out with the college/high school kids.  She had a blast! I caught her singing and doing motions to some of the songs, it's the cutest thing.  She actually sings the words!  I can't wait for her to be part of it next year.  

I think Noelle is slowly getting out of her shy self.  It usually takes her a while to warm up to people, but it's gotten better these days.  She loves her papa (Dave's dad) and always smiles and plays with him whenever she sees him.  She had such a good time last night at papa's house that she didn't wanna leave!

Miss Noelle likes to joke around now.  And you can totally tell when she's doing that.  She'll say something and covers her mouth and says "noooo" while giggling.  For example, for some reasons she likes to say "daddy's home"  And when I said "no, daddy's still at work, but we'll see him soon."  She says "daddy's driving"  I say, "yup" Then she says "daddy's driving....milk!" and quickly says "nooooo" (while giggling).  It's so odd but very funny.  Or she'll pretend not wanting to give you kiss, but in the end she'll come and give you a big kiss.  Sometimes she even kisses my arm or shoulders :-P  And she can give pretty good massages.

We worked on the baby room/guest room/office very hard last few weeks and it's coming together rather nicely.  Now we uses the changing table for real and it was a nice change, haha.  I think it makes it more real for Noelle to see a crib in the room and knowing it's for her little sister.  I'm telling her and showing her things that are for "mei-mei" (little sister in Chinese), and hopefully it'll help her to understand having a younger sibling soon.  

Potty training on the other hand was a bust.  Miss Noelle won't get on her little potty or the kiddie toilet seat, and she refuses to wear pull-ups.  My mom said she's going to help us potty train Noelle when she comes (in a few weeks, yay!).  So hopefully we can start soon.  I think it's just hard that we are going in and out most of the time and it's probably easier if we do it when we are home for a long period of time.  Ah, I don't know.

Baby girl is doing well.  She's active, but she likes to stretch and pushes out her feet instead of kicking/moving more.  When she kicks tho, it's so forceful that sometimes I literally moved forward, lol.  Our next dr. appointment is next week and we get an ultrasound!! I was so excited when they told me last time.  It's just to check the baby's position.  And I thought we don't get any more ultrasounds.  I just want to have one more peek at the baby before she comes :-P  It still shocks me that we'll be having a newborn again soon, but I hope this time it'll be more enjoyable for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment