Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Baby weight

Miss Noelle is almost 14 months now. And I'm still struggling with losing the baby weight! I gained quite a bit when I was pregnant and I thought to myself, "It's OK, once she's born, I can start losing the weight." Miss Noelle was born and I lost about 10 pounds instantly. But then it kinda stuck. However, when I started nursing her, my body burns 500 extra calories each day. So I actually lost some weight, even tho I ate more than when I was pregnant. Then Miss Noelle was old enough to drink whole milk and I no longer provide her with "mommy juice" (haha). I think I gained a few pounds since then. Cuz of my schedule, I just couldn't bring myself to the gym. So I actually quit gym late last year. I tried to use the exercise room at our apartment complex and it's pretty good. But last Saturday, for some reasons I couldn't get the door unlocked :-/ So I missed my one chance of exercise! Luckily the new Comcast On Demand has this fit TV thingy, where they have some exercise videos for free. So I tried a couple of them and they kicked my butt. I hope I'll be able to at least follow those videos a couple of times a week.

I was size 4 before I started going out with Dave. I guess I was really happy when we started dating, I gained a few pounds then. And then I lost some weights due to the wedding stress, lol. Our brand spanking new wedding album can prove that! However, after the wedding, I guess I was really happy being married, and the fact that I found joy in trying out different recipes and baking. Oh man, baking. Then I gained a few more pounds. But at least I was still going to the gym 2-3 times a week. Even when I was pregnant, I was pretty good with being active. And then Miss Noelle was born and that changes everything. I wonder if I could ever get back to where I was years ago? Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. you can do it! Instead of focusing on the gym, which will take you away from baby noelle, try focusing on proper nutrition! lots of veges and fresh fruit and baking is.... a slippery slope!

    ReplyDelete